Friday, October 15, 2010

Almost 50 and I Want to Get Pregnant

Almost 50 and I Want to Get PregnantAs I checked out a tall, slim man in his thirties with salt and pepper hair at a Greenwich Village party, a lady astrologist a couple of years older than moi looked my way and said, "When we get to this age, we lose interest in men." I assume she believed I would agree with her reading of the situation, but I, a divorced, almost forty-nine-year old Jewish female from New York City, still have a seventy-year-old aunt who dates. I also contemplated how we women "peak" sexually in our forties, but I am one year away from, gulp, fifty. And the thing is, I want to be pregnant again. I already have an amazing twenty-three-year-old son, but I want a repeat performance.

Yes; even as most women my age throw in the hormonal towel, I find myself looking at guys much the way Samantha would in Sex In The City, sizing up men between 25 and 45 at the supermarket, the mall, the ballgame. Only I’m not looking for potential lovers, I’m looking for a baby daddy. Blue eyes or brown, balding or Kennedy-esque — I try to gaze right through their skin to see their very DNA.

My friends think I am off my rocker, that I should enjoy the empty nest and not make a syndrome out of it. They’re in the been-there/done-that phase, and those still interested in men go for the immediate gratification relationships and have no desire for long-term proposals. Not one friend will admit that maybe my pregnancy desires might be something she feels, too.

Read more: http://www.babble.com/pregnancy/conception/want-to-get-pregnant-at-50/

Life Begins... - Miscarriage stories of loss, hope & help
Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope & inspiration!
You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options & suggestions


Recent Keyword Searches: pregnancy after 45, 54 years old women gets pregnant, a 55 years old woman gives birth, Can you have a baby during the perimenopause, number of pregnancies at age 44

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Coupons